Death rattle DVD release proves plenty more bizarrely bad decisions haunt doomed reboot. Sony retitles director Paul Feig’s failed film as GHOSTBUSTERS: Answer The Call in a last gasp attempt to scare up revenue against an estimated $70 million dollar loss.
TINSLETOWN TAKEDOWN offered ten alternate titles that took a more honest approach. Sony wouldn’t take our call. Their loss is your gain.
10. GHOSTBUSTERS: Who We Gonna Blame?
9. GHOSTBUSTERS: What Are We Gonna Do?
8. GHOSTBUSTERS: It Sounded Good On Paper
7. GHOSTBUSTERS: Everyone In Marketing Got Fired
6. GHOSTBUSTERS: We Took A Bath On Merchandise
5. GHOSTBUSTERS: Insulting Fans Was A Bad Idea
4. GHOSTBUSTERS: Look! Bill Murray!
3. GHOSTBUSTERS: Starring Kate McKinnon
2. GHOSTBUSTERS: One Of Our Careers Is Toast
1. GHOSTBUSTERS: We’re Sorry. Really Really Sorry. Can We Just… One More? Seriously? Fine… We’re Sorry.